Fleet owners, truck drivers, logistic service providers, and shippers face many challenges in their day-to-day businesses which can be answered using technology. Companies all over the world are utilizing technology to capitalize on opportunities and resolve challenges to ensure smooth business operations.
For players in the trucking industry, technologies such as real-time monitoring, ELD compliance, and driver analytics are helping truckers and fleet managers save time and stay safe & compliant. Let’s take a look at some of the software solutions that are transforming the trucking industry:
Oracle provides a cloud-based, fully-integrated and comprehensive platform services. Their cloud and on-premise solutions offer advanced security, scalability, application integration, energy efficiency and lowers the Total Cost of Ownership considerably. Some of the key features of Oracle TMS are:
- Transportation intelligence
- Operational planning
- Fleet management
- Carrier sourcing
- Freight payment and billing management
With Connecteam, it is easier than ever to reduce costs, streamline payroll & timesheets, enhance compliance & safety, and automate processes within your company. Connecteam offers many benefits to fleet managers including:
- Offers fleet managers a timestamp and GPS location to track employee time, when he clocks in or out from his mobile phone.
- Clear Timesheets & payroll, auto calculated breaks, overtime, double-time, daily limit, auto clock-out, adding shifts in bulk, accommodating multiple shifts per day, and many more features improve driver management
- Fleet managers get the ability to assign routes based on time, address, and special instructions for each shift. Fleet managers can set, repeat, or open shifts that are up for grabs and get notified when a shift is acknowledged or rejected, driver checks in late, or when tasks are completed.
- Drivers can submit reports, forms, and checklists such as maintenance, vehicle inspection, and more on-the-go.
- logistical and operational communication can be done in real-time with advanced communication features such as chat groups and channels, real-time push notifications, private chat, and more.
- issue one-time tasks and include built-in reminders so that your employees execute the task and automatically receive updates on task completion.
- Offers drivers direct access to safety information, safety protocols, and safety training. Drivers also get real-time safety reporting right on their mobile phones.
3.Verizon Advanced Fleet Management Solutions
Verizon’s suite of services allow fleet managers to track vehicles in the field, improve fleet operations, increase worker productivity, and encourage safer driving with Verizon Connect fleet management solutions. Additional features include:
- Ability to view driver and vehicle location in near real-time
- Tracking of driver behavior like speeding, idling and harsh driving
- Reducing vehicle maintenance costs and increased fuel consumption
- Improved dispatch, routing and visibility features
4.Teletrac Director Fleet Software
This software provides cloud-based GPS fleet tracking solution and is designed for fleets of any size. Some of the features if this software include:
- Mapping of vehicle location
- Geofencing & traffic updates
- Instant vehicle and driver information
- Comparisons of planned versus actual travel for optimized routing
- Routing by distance or destination
- Vehicle monitoring, maintenance schedule alerts and advanced diagnostics
- Accurate ELD records
A leading global TMS platform for shippers and logistic service providers. Once connected to BluJay’s Transportation Management, you can obtain near real-time benchmark information on a variety of indicators that impacts your bottom line. Some of the benefits of BluJay include:
- Optimize daily planning and execution of assets
- Gain visibility into vehicle routes and related costs
- Improve the utilization and productivity of assets
- Visibility to empty distance and the associated costs
- Interactive map for visualization of driver locations
- Visibility to driver and asset availability
- Reporting capabilities and key performance indicators
6.3Gtms TMS Software
3Gtms Transportation Management Systems software for third party logistics companies makes it much easier to manage transportation and brokerage services. The software offers you:
- Dynamic multi-modal transportation planning & execution helps determine least-cost delivery options, including accessorial costs, customer delivery preferences and more.
- Sophisticated algorithms manage all modes, including direct, multi-stop and pool distribution – and returns the most cost-effective executable freight delivery plan, factoring in all real-world constraints.
- With the 3Gtms visibility you can gather data from internal and external sources, make decisions faster, and keep all parties informed.
- Improve your efficiencies across all aspects of carrier on-boarding, contract management, carrier assignment & shipment execution, including carrier qualification, spot quoting, broadcast tendering, waterfall tendering and status tracking.
- Built-in, self-service tool allows for easy on-boarding of carriers, customers and supply chain partners, on your own schedule. You can use templates to make on-boarding easier, less-expensive and faster than ever.
- You can tailor your screens to match your specific operations, easily adapt to support continuous improvement and achieve greater productivity.
Route4Me allows users to create, share, manage, and drive optimized routing plans in a matter of seconds using web-based software and smartphone apps. Route4Me optimizes your route when you upload the list of customers or addresses that you need to visit. The key features of this solution include:
- Ability to Re-assign drivers and vehicles, move an address from one route to another, and track route progress in real-time
- Immediate notification can be sent to drivers and customers when you make a change
- Get insights about mileage, route manifests, and fuel cost dollars saved
- Improves decision making by allowing you to automatically calculate operational cost
- Reduce route planning time so that your driver and client saves time
- You can scale the solution to upload thousands of customers at a time, and set up sales and delivery territories
MercuryGate combines real-world dynamics and modern technology to solve complex logistic challenges. This includes:
- Multimodal, multi-leg planning, optimization, and execution
- Decision support and control tower visibility
- Reusability for setup, repetitive moves, and on-boarding
- Highly configurable TMS both on cloud and mobile device
- Closed-loop process for procurement, allocation, and invoicing
These are some of the popular software solutions that other fleet managers and owner-operators like you rely on to manage their fleet. As technology becomes more and more advanced by day, it helps to stay ahead of the curve and rely on software to reduce your operational woes and improve your business growth.